Thursday, October 22, 2009

Project - Pretty jewelry box

My therapist, Anne, who I have been seeing since April 2008 for a number of reasons, including post traumatic stress*, social anxiety**, compulsive eating***, and codependency****, is leaving the practice.

I am going to miss her so much! She helped me out of the hardest, hardest time of my life* EVER, and I have learned so much from her.

Tonight is my last appointment with her, and then I will have to see a new counselor, who I know will help me just as much as Anne, but the thought of baring my soul/deepest darkest secrets/learning to trust a new human being is very very scary to me.

Anyway, I thought I'd make her a little crafty goodbye gift, and here's what I came up with! It's a little wooden box that I painted and decoupaged, and I think it turned out just lovely! I hope she will love it :)





Check out some photos of the process:

Just painted.





Ready to be sliced!




(Hooray Mod Podge!)

Don't mind the scary mess/disorganization happening in the photos. When I craft, I craft really hard, and I almost NEVER pick up after myself. :) All of the supplies I used came from Michaels. (I freaking love Michaels.) You can get the little wooden boxes there, and then I just remove the hinges, Mod Podge pretty paper on, let it dry, slice off the excess with a super sharp X-Acto knife, and add a pretty flower or decoration from the scrapbooking aisle.

Do you decoupage? Show me some of your projects! :)







*My brother attempted to hang himself.
**People scare me!
***I beat anorexia!
****I grew up in an alcoholic family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails