Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Project Sneak Peek - Resin Paper Weights

I've already made a couple of these resin paper weights, but I thought I'd give you a look at the loooong process it takes to make one.

Here is one I just finished that I'm getting ready to list in my Etsy shop:

I don't love the photos I took... it was evening and the light wasn't very good, so I think I'm going to try them again when I get a nice sunny afternoon.

Here is a photo of the molds I use, completely empty. At this point, they are ready for their first layer of clear resin.

The round one makes a dome-shaped paper weight like the panda one above and the rectangle produces a big heavy brick.

Keep your eyes peeled for more peeks at my projects! I'll post more on the resin paper weights when I'm further along in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails