Monday, August 24, 2009

Product Review - Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

I like a lot of black eyeliner and lots of thick, black mascara.

So let me tell you, I am a mascara expert.

I've tried a lot of different mascaras in my day, from crappy Avon brand all the way up to the $18 a tube stuff.

I prefer washable mascara, because I heard somewhere that wearing waterproof mascara all the time can suffocate the little mites that live in your eyelashes.



This may or may not be true. In fact, it's very possible that I completely made it up, but it sounds relatively plausible, so I'm going to roll with it. Anyway, waterproof mascara always makes my eyes hurt because I have to scrub it off, and I find that it gets pretty clumpy when you layer it on like I do.Getting to the point, I would like to stand up today and let the world know that I freaking love Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in black. (They actually have three shades of black: Blackest Black, Very Black, and Soft Black. I didn't know this until I started doing research for this post. I think I've been using Very Black though. It's pretty black. Black enough for me. Ok moving on.) It also comes in two shades of brown, one of blue, and also in clear. I would never use clear mascara. I do not see the point. But it exists, so I guess that shows how much I know.

I've had this tube of Great Lash for like, months (it seems like) and it's still going strong, and let me tell you, I pile it on every day of my life (except for Sundays, when I rarely get out of my pajamas/leave the house), and it's still not sticky or clumpy! NO mascara I have ever tried has lasted this long and not gotten gross in the tube.

I bought a second tube at Target like, weeks ago, assuming that I would be needing it because my original tube was going to get yucky or run out or whatever, but no! Still going strong!

I don't love the brush... it's just a like, plain old regular standard mascara brush. It's not one of those weird ones with the orange plastic bristle things or whatever. But it's a good brush, and it works well, and it lifts and separates my lashes and I rarely have clumps! (I abhor mascara clumps.)

My fave mascara brush is like a comb. I used Maybelline Lash Stylist for a long time before I discovered Great Lash. Lash stylist has the good comb brush.

If only the Great Lash formula came with a Lash Stylist comb brush thingy. I'd be in mascara heaven!

Anyway, Great Lash has been around for like a bazillion years, and it's won all these awards (holy crap):
Allure - Best of Beauty, Readers' Choice 2008, Best Drugstore Mascara
Teen Vogue - Reader's Choice Awards 2007, Mascara Category: Great Lash in Black
Essence - Reader's Choice 2007, Best Mascara
Woman's Day - Best in Beauty & Health Awards, Winner 2006

Plus, I think (if I remember correctly from the last time I was at Target), Great Lash is one of the least expensive mascara brands out there. Hurrah for inexpensive yet awesome beauty products!

So, go try it for yourself, and tell 'em xtine sent you. :)




P.S. Yes, you really do have gross little mites that live in your eyelashes. I know. It's horrific.

1 comment:

  1. I'ma gonna have to try this brand next!! I, too, wear waterproof mascara all the time...mostly because I am prone to tear up. It's pretty much how I respond to any emotion. I cry. So, instead of fighting it, I just wear waterproof mascara. But! That is not why I am commenting. I wanted to let you in on a cheap little removal tip that I have used for years. Baby Oil and cotton balls. Just plain old, generic baby oil. It's cheap, and it takes the mascara off in a gloriously non painful way. And as an added bonus? My eyes are pretty much wrinkle free!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails