Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How To Horrify The Receptionist



OMG.

Sometimes my job is very, very interesting. (I work as a receptionist for a small psychiatrist/counseling office, for those of you who don't know.)

I was just making a follow up appointment for a patient (I shall call her Jane Smith to protect her identity! HIPAA privacy laws, don't you know) and this is the conversation that occured:

Jane: I need to make an appointment with the doctor in six weeks.
Me: Ok, how about March 31 at 2:00pm?
Jane: (Yelling off into the waiting room) Honey, will we be home from vacation by then?
Husband: Yes, dear.
Jane: Ok, March 31 sounds fine.
Me: And you're Jane, right?
Jane: Yes.
Husband: Only on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Jane: What?
Husband: She's only Jane on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays she's Judy. And on Saturdays she's Linda. We like to play fantasy games.
Jane: Oh don't listen to him! Giggle, giggle, giggle!
Me: (Horrified) Oh, ok. Here's your appointment card. Have a nice afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that is hilarious. That sounds like just the thing my husband would say to embarrass me... but not for real! Wow, you must hear some interesting stuff at your job.

    ... and Sonnet 18 was written for a MAN?? Haha, I think I like it even more now. We studied that sonnet in one of my college English classes.. but teachers often leave out the best parts, dont' they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! That is hilarious! Reminds me of the smartass remarks that my hubby makes to embarrass me!

    Thanks for the wonderful tips and comments that you leave on my blog. I feel so encouraged everytime I read them!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails