Wednesday, July 7, 2010

List of Artificial Sweeteners


In an effort to get a handle on my headaches, I am have decided to start avoiding artificial sweeteners at all costs.


The problem is that artificial sweeteners go by lots of names, so reading food labels and lists of ingredients can be kind of confusing.  


I put together a list of all the names artificial sweeteners go by, in case you're interested in avoiding them too:



  • Aspartame
  • NutraSweet
  • Equal
  • Sugar Twin
  • Acesulfame
  • Kacesulfame K
  • Acesulfame potassium
  • Ace-K
  • Sunnett
  • Saccharin
  • Sweet and Low
  • Sweet 'N Low
  • Sweet Twin
  • Necta Sweet
  • Sucralose  (the name Sucralose is very similar to sucrose [table sugar])
  • Splenda
  • Neotame
  • Stevia
I put this list of artificial sweeteners together from a couple of different sources.  If you know of others that I am missing, leave it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails