Friday, September 11, 2009

Photoshop / Gimp - Clone Tool = Awesome!

I kept getting these stupid white spots on my item photos from light reflection, and it was really starting to tick me off because the white spots were actually interfering with parts of the item. Like, you couldn't see some of the fabulous details!

So then, I started this thread on the Etsy forums in the Techniques and Materials section:
How to get rid of white spots on item photos?

Lots of people responded with helpful suggestions, but p1xie mentioned trying the clone tool in Photoshop or Gimp (like Photoshop, but free!) to try to fix the white spots.

Well, let me tell you, I am not bad at messing around with Gimp, but I'd never used the clone tool. In fact, I didn't even know what it did.

So I surfed around the interwebz a bit and found this cool tutorial about using the clone tool.

Gimp Tips Part 6: Using The Clone Tool

This tutorial is specifically for Gimp though, although I assume the steps/directions are probably similar in Photoshop.

I fiddled around with it a little last night on one of my item photos, and here are my results. I think it turned out pretty good!

I love this little pendant. You can see the listing in my shop by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails