We did a little tweaking, so my comments will be in italics.
Turkey Enchiladas - "A snap to put together, these easy enchiladas also help you use up any leftover turkey you might have on hand.
- 6 medium scallion(s), white and light green parts chopped FYI, scallions = green onions. Nobody told me that. That was a fun trip to the grocery store.
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup(s) canned enchilada sauce, or taco sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
- 4 medium flour tortilla(s) Original recipe called for fat-free ones but I already had regular so we used those instead.
- 16 oz Jennie-O Turkey Store Lean Ground Turkey Original recipe called for cubed turkey breast. I didn't have that. I had lean ground turkey. So we used it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine scallions, turkey, beans and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 of turkey-bean mixture. Fold in sides and then top and bottom of tortilla to completely enclose filling. Place seam-side down in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over top of enchiladas and top with cheese. Cover pan and bake until heated through and cheese is hot and bubbly, 20 minutes.
***For those of you following WW, this recipe yields 4 servings and ended up being 9 points a serving. If you go with the original recipe (just search "turkey enchiladas" on eTools), I think it's 6 points per serving.