Saturday, February 14, 2009

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle


I don't know why I'm awake at 2:56 in the morning, but here I am. I think I wanted to check on my Scrabble tiles and see how my resin is curing. Or maybe my cat Sophie walked on me with her needle paws while I was sleeping and woke me up. In any event, I've been surfing Etsy (a favorite pastime) and I wanted to share something I stumbled upon.

Someone who is following me/that I am following on Twitter posted a link to the following item in her Etsy shop:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21027082

I posted a picture of her item, and also some others that I liked.

Guess what it is.

It's a menstrual pad! A recyclable one! Made of fabric! So you can wash it and reuse it! Like girls did in the old days before Tampax and birth control.

Dude.

At first, I was horrified by this concept. But if you think about it, it actually makes a lot of sense and is totally economical. Have you bought pads or tampons lately? They are freaking expensive, even if you get the cheap store brand ones instead of the name brand. And if you're going to wear a pad, what difference does it make if it's made of plastics and synthetic materials, or if it's reusable and totally organic? Either way, getting your period is icky. You might as well save some money and use these super cute reusable pads. She has a ton of really cute designs and colors and fabrics in her Etsy Shop.

Perhaps you are worried about sanitation. Hellooooooo? Women used fabric pads for like, thousands of years, and they were totally fine. If you're still worried about it, check out this article that Moonpads has listed in her shop announcement about sanitation:

http://www.spotsite.org/village.html

Ok so there you go. Now stop being queasy and wimpy and go buy a super cute fabric pad. Embrace your inner naturalist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails