This is the most delicious thing I have ever cooked. I don't cook very often, but that's ok. This recipe is seriously so freaking easy, and you make it in the slow cooker so you don't even have to think about it. It makes your house smell sooooo good. And believe it or not, this recipe is actually pretty good for you (assuming you don't load it up with cheese and sour cream at the end).
Pretty much all you have to do is dump everything in the slow cooker, stir it a couple of times, and go do something fun for 5 hours. ☺
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients.
- Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.