This is technically a Weight Watchers recipe (omg it's healthy) but it was soooooooo good I would eat it even if I wasn't trying to get healthy.
Description: "Fresh cilantro, chicken and barbecue sauce add pizzazz to pizza, and black beans add flavor and fiber." Woohoo, fiber!
Here's the recipe. We tweaked it a little bit because although I am amazing, I am also absentminded and lazy. My tweaks are in italics.
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed 1 can of canned, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup(s) barbecue sauce We used Sweet Baby Ray's. Mmm.
16 oz pizza crust, pre-baked
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese We used Weight Watchers brand cause it's the best.
- 7 1/2 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed (half a 15 oz can) I accidentally bought Black Bean Soup instead of just cans of black beans because I wasn't paying attention. Luckily, we had a leftover can of black beans from another recipe I made a while ago.
- 1 small onion(s), red, finely chopped
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped Apparently it was asking for fresh cilantro. I used the dry flakey kind from the spices aisle. It worked just fine.
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat to 450ºF.
- Spray a nonstick skillet and stir-fry chicken over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to medium-size bowl and toss with half barbecue sauce. Since we used canned chicken, we skipped right to the toss with BBQ sauce part. Mmm.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Arrange chicken and black beans over crust; sprinkle with onion and cilantro. Drizzle with remaining barbecue sauce; add remaining 3/4 cup cheese. I forgot to drizzle with BBQ sauce before baking, so we just drizzled right before we ate and it was fine/yummy.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese bubbles. Cut into 6 large slices and serve immediately.